Self Care is formally defined as: -the practice of taking an active role in protecting one's own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress. -the practice of taking action to preserve or improve one's own health. These definitions don't feel complete. It's simple to say that we like to feel happy. What about caring for our other emotions? Over the years and more in depth during the past year I have been exploring happiness as a by-product of feeling comfortable and reflective in all of my emotions. Sitting with sadness and embracing its power over me has been extremely healing. I'd like to share some images taken during a session of celebration during a time of uncertainty and unconstrained clarity. Documenting these moments while promoting and celebrating self healing through art, movement, connection, empathy, and empowerment has impacted my direction. Are you up for a Celebration of Self Documentary Session? If you are leaning more towards a no, that may be even more of a reason to say yes or explore the idea with me. What does Celebration of Self mean? Well, that's up to you. We'll meet and talk about the direction prior to your session. First step, email me :-). jodiellen.goldstein@gmail.com Gift this to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment